Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Samsung Galaxy Mgea

This topic was introduced by Anagha B J.


               


Just a couple of days back, Samsung released 2 new smartphones. They are called the Samsung Galaxy Mega. One has a 5.8 inch screen and the other sports a 6.3 inch screen. First of all, I don't understand why Samsung came out with a 5.8 inch screen, that's because the Galaxy Note 2 already has a 5.5 inch screen and is only about Rs.4,000 more. Anyway, both the phones have an 8 MP rear camera and a 1.9 MP front facing camera. The bigger phone will have 8GB and 16GB variants of internal storage and the smaller phone will have 8GB of internal storage. Also, both phones will have a micro - SD card slot to expand storage up to 64GB. The larger phone has a 1.7 GHz dual core processor while the smaller one will be powered by a 1.4 GHz dual core processor. Also, both the phones will have 1.5 GB of RAM. The larger phone will have a display of 720 by 1280 (233 ppi).
The smaller device will have a display of 540 by 960 pixels (190 ppi). Both phones will be running the attest version of Android. The price points are at roughly Rs. 30,000. I personally think that the larger phone will do better than the smaller one. But I also think that both these devices will give competition to other devices made by Samsung itself, so according to me really bad strategy by Samsung. Only time will tell if I am wrong or right. I guess I'm done with this post, so I'll see you next time!