Thursday, May 23, 2013

Opera Mini web browser VS. Google Chrome




Smartphones have many great features. One of them is surfing the web. With so many web browsers out there on the store, how do you know which one is the best. Well it turns out that I just figured it out.  At the begining I used to use the standard browser that came with the phone. Then i switched over to the world famous google chrome. Then I heard of the Opera mini web browser. I had tried the desktop browser of it and clearly it lagged behind google chrome, so I didnt set up high expectations for its mobile version. Opera claims that web pages would load up faster and it would take less data to do so. And I found out that they werent totally telling the truth. Google searches did load up just a fraction faster compared to google chrome, however it took pretty much the same amount of data.

In the main screen your bookmarks show up with nice pictures. While surfing, at the top of the screen is the search bar. On the bottom of the screen is a tool bar that stays in the same place even when you scroll. Overall, it is a nice web browser and while many might prefer it, I would still stick with google chrome since it has a nice and sleek UI. However, you might want to check Opera's browser out too. Here are the links below. Happy surfing!

Google Chrome 
Opera Mini web browser