Monday, May 27, 2013

Google Drive



The future of the world lies in cloud computing. Today, I'm going to go through an application called Google Drive. Google Drive is a free application which offers cloud storage. So what can you do with this app?

Well for starters, I use this app to create office documents which I can access from my phone, iPad and Mac. It is easy to create word documents, spreadsheets and presentations. To get started, all you need to do is download that application on your phone, tablet and laptop/desktop. Then all you do is sign in with your google ID and you are done! So once I have typed out, lets say a project for school on my mac in Google Drive, I walk up to my iPad, open Google Drive and there I have it. Next, I can change some sentences on my iPad, walk back to my Mac and there it is! The latest version of it! The best part is that you don't need to even save it. It automatically saves the document once you have made any changes to it. And thats not it. You can also upload photos, music PDF files and video clips. Then it syncs with your google account and you have it on all of your devices. Also, it is easy to share the files and documents stored.

I have just gone over this app briefly but you can check out all it's capabilities in detail on the developers website which is at the end of this blog. If you have an android phone, the link to download it is below.
To sum up, this is THE BEST cloud storage option available as of this date. It is a must have. See you next time!

Link to the Developers Website
Link to the Android Play store Android Play Store